Permanent, full time, £45,000-£55,000 depending on skills and experience
At YR we create personalisation experiences for live events and retail installations and our vision is to become global leaders in customised merchandise.
We currently employ 15 people in the UK, working alongside a large team of event delivery contractors, and have a growing office in New York. Our ‘We are YR’ values; we are one, we pioneer, we deliver, and we evolve, are integral to how we do business and work together as a team.
Our core product is YR Designer and this allows end users to customise a large range of items such as a tshirt or keyring and take the printed version away minutes later. We use YR Designer as a base project to create highly customised versions with unique behaviours and features specific to our clients brands and marketing campaigns.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO and Creative Director, the Delivery Manager has overall responsibility for managing the delivery of a range of ongoing, interdependent technical and business focused projects. Responsible for a multidisciplinary team the ultimate goal of this role is to successfully deliver retail and event installations that consistently exceed client expectations.
Leading, coaching, motivating and developing individuals within the team, the role holder will be involved in planning at both a strategic and project based level. The role holder will also be required to get into the detail on projects to make things happen when needed, creating the right environment for the team and facilitating the team to remove obstacles and blockers that might get in their way. Traffic management and programme management will be an important part of the role along with ensuring all software and hardware products are built to an appropriate level of quality.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring continuous optimisation and improvement of workflows and that processes and procedures are documented and updated. As with everyone in the YR team they are also accountable for living YR’s vision and values and ensuring they are adhered to and considered internally and when working with clients.
- Lead and manage the production team who deliver events and installations in the UK, Europe and Asia
- Lead a collaborative, dynamic planning process. Prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team and discuss with key stakeholders to map the scope of work, schedules and budgets and workflows
- Manage and plan resources effectively to ensure projects are appropriately staffed. Resource freelance requirements as and when required and sorting paperwork accordingly
- Use project management systems and methodologies
- Continuously develop delivery excellence in sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge, and bringing in best practice to increase output efficiency
- Hold weekly status meetings and manage the daily schedule to continuously oversee projects running simultaneously, making sure they are on track, on time and in budget
- Work with the software team to ensure all software and hardware is built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Work with the Product Manager to define product roadmaps
- Management report delivery and commentary
- Control, manage and monitor budgets across all projects, reporting variances and re-forecasting where necessary.
- Monitor client satisfaction levels and design, recommend, implement initiatives and action plans aimed to improve the client experience, improve processes and / or reduce costs
- Contribute to the strategic vision of YR through the effective delivery of an ongoing series of technical projects and products
- Work with key stakeholders to identify the projects that are taken on by considering the YR vision, strategy and resources
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of creating and managing multiple project budgets to plan
- Very good IT skills and full understanding of current technology and trends
- A high technical aptitude
- Ability to work under stress and pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate others
- Experience of working in an agile software development environment and using agile project management methods is desirable but not essential for this role.
WHAT YR OFFERS YOU
- Good salary, bonus and other benefits
- A happy and exciting working environment
- Development opportunities and creative flexibility
- Great offices in the Heart of London - Shoreditch
- Many other benefits
Please email a CV or links to email@example.com