operations Manager (warehouse based)
Permanent, full time, £25,000-£30,000 depending on skills and experience
At YR we create personalisation experiences for live events and retail installations and our vision is to become global leaders in customised merchandise.
We currently employ 15 people in the UK, working alongside a large team of event delivery contractors, and have a growing office in New York. Our ‘We are YR’ values; we are one, we pioneer, we deliver, and we evolve, are integral to how we do business and work together as a team.
Our core product is YR Designer and this allows end users to customise a large range of items such as a tshirt or keyring and take the printed version away minutes later. We use YR Designer as a base project to create highly customised versions with unique behaviours and features specific to our clients brands and marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager this permanent role will ensure that YR’s events are thoroughly prepared for delivery with an emphasis on technical needs. Working with the Production Team to ensure that all the technical aspects are ready and correct, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the preparation of all technical documentation and event kit. This will involve the creation and on-going management of documentation such as schematics and packing lists to doing live test setups pre-event. The Operations Manager has an overall final quality assurance responsibility before the event setups leave the warehouse, and is accountable for the efficient running of the warehouse, and producing event based management information.
The Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining high standards, specifically with product and event deliverables and pre and post event procedures. In achieving this they are responsible for managing the Event Team and Event Crew by providing leadership, coaching, motivation and development to individuals within the team.
The Operations Manager is accountable for living YR’s vision and values, and ensuring they are adhered to internally and when working with clients.
- Ensure that all YR events are set up appropriately, are run smoothly and efficiently and that they exceed customer’s expectations.
- Making sure that event kit is prepared and fit for purpose for each and every event, including test set-ups for each event
- Creating and updating correct schematics for the event setup as well as thorough packing lists
- Managing a small team, providing support and coaching to ensure that the team delivers their objectives
- Working with the Production & Planning Specialist to create event schematics
- Manage and oversee the upkeep of jobs on internal job systems
- Ensure that Event Crew (contractors) are inducted and appropriately trained to represent YR at customer facing events and that they fully understand and adhere to YR Values and Behaviours at all time
- Ensure that Event Crew (contractors) are properly and safely attired for each event
- Implement health and safety procedures at warehouse and ensure Event Assistant and Event Crew follow health and safety guidelines at all times
- Maintain order, stock, tidiness, upkeep and cleanliness of warehouse facility through using external contractors and Event Assistant and Event Crew as appropriate
- Manage YR Live vehicles - ensure always clean and presentable to clients, liaise with Delivery Manager on any maintenance or repair issues
- Manage damaged goods and equipment, logging and processing returns and warranty claims or repairs as appropriate
- Develop training and induction materials in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders (HR, Delivery Manager etc)
- Request, collate and feedback on event crew feedback
- Manage the warehouse and stock and return of Event Kit including equipment protection
- Manage smooth receipt and storage of deliveries
- Manage weekly team meetings on past and upcoming events, ensuring that all processes are always being adhered to and improved
- Overall production responsibility for output on events - provide support to live events globally as required
- Health and Safety: responsible for all procedures, both within the warehouse and onsite which must meet statutory requirements
- Design, recommend, implement where appropriate any initiatives and action plans aimed to improve internal processes and procedures within the event team and warehouse
- Other duties from time to time to help YR run smoothly and efficiently
- Leadership, coaching and motivation of others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Business and technical acumen and awareness
- Performance management
- Self motivation and continuous personal development
- Problem-solving skills and initiative with strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask accordingly
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Core understanding of Windows operating system
- Ability to set up PC’s with relevant software such as printer drivers and YR Live software (requires training)
- Excellent project planning and organising skills with use of standard project documentation and computing
- The ability to identify and manage risk
- Driving licence
WHAT YR OFFERS YOU
- Good salary, bonus and other benefits
- A happy and exciting working environment
- Development opportunities and creative flexibility
- Many other benefits
Please email a CV or links to email@example.com