Full time, permanent, £30,000-£35,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
At YR we create personalisation experiences for live events and retail installations and our vision is to become global leaders in customised merchandise.
Our core product is YR Designer and this allows end users to customise a large range of items such as a t-shirt, tote bag or keyring and take the printed version away minutes later. We use YR Designer as a base project to create highly customised versions with unique behaviours and features specific to our clients brands and marketing campaigns. As we innovate we have moved beyond print and now cover all types of live design and embellishments including embroidery and laser etching.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager and working as part of the Production Team, we now need a Technical Producer who will be responsible for planning and producing the digital, printing, technical design and staffing elements of our events and installations. This will involve liaising with the sales team and directly with customers to develop and understand customer requirements, translate them into reality, and achieve a final outcome that exceeds expectations.
This is an exciting role for an individual with a technical background, software development knowledge, and a strong ability to collaborate across the business to work effectively with both clients and colleagues.
The Technical Producer is accountable for living YR’s vision and values and ensuring they are adhered to and considered internally and when working with clients.
- Working closely with our sales team, software developers and clients to ensure project software and/or technical requirements are accurate and product features meet the needs of our clients.
- Develop Statements of Work for projects.
- Scoping technical and staffing requirements for events & installation and considering setup, live and take down parameters.
- Create event flow diagrams and technical schematics.
- Working closely with the software team, create software user flow diagrams and compile software specification spreadsheets.
- Work with the designer to ensure software UI/UX mock-ups are accurate based on the project requirements and client brand.
- Contribute to software review & testing sessions.
- Provide effective production planning and delivery to ensure we can produce the correct number of printed items at events and installations.
- Produce & maintain production resource tools including user manuals, documents for retail installations and events, project asset libraries.
- Develop, publish and use of sales & project management tools and documents.
- Take active part in team meetings on past and upcoming events, ensuring that all processes are always adhered to and improved.
- Adhere to health and safety requirements internally and at client events.
- Lead technical delivery at events on more complex projects.
- Design, recommend, implement where appropriate any initiatives and action plans aimed to improve internal processes and procedures.
- Conduct site visits to support on-site activity and delivery.
- Other duties from time to time to help YR run smoothly and efficiently.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business and technical acumen and awareness.
- A technical background in printing, IT, software or AV is highly desirable.
- Self motivation.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing a fast pace and often shifting projects.
WHAT YR OFFERS YOU
- Good salary, bonus and other benefits.
- A happy and exciting working environment.
- Development opportunities and creative flexibility .
- Great offices in the Heart of London - Shoreditch.
- Many other benefits.
We currently employ 19 people in the UK, working alongside a large team of event delivery contractors, and have a growing office in New York and now, Tokyo. Our ‘We are YR’ values; we are one, we pioneer, we deliver, and we evolve, are integral to how we do business and work together as a team.
Please email a CV or links to email@example.com