We are always on the look out for innovative, tech savvy career driven people. If you love customisation and live printing then you will fit in well. We have offices in London and New York.
VVVV Software Developer, London
At YR we create personalisation experiences for live events and retail installations. Our vision is to become global leaders in customised merchandise while adhering to our ‘We are YR’ values; we are one, we pioneer, we deliver, and we evolve. Our vision and values are integral to how we do business and work together as a team.
Over the last 8 years our company grew from a digital graffiti wall (YrWall) into LUMA. LUMA created small and large bespoke event and retail digital installations for large and small brands. As LUMA continued to grow and develop we shifted the business focus to a fast growing new product of ours, YR Designer. YR Designer allows an end user to customise a large range of products such as a tshirt or keyring and take the printed version away minutes later. We often use YR Designer as a base project to create highly customised versions with unique behaviours and features specific to brands and their marketing campaigns. LUMA is no more. YR is born.
We now need another full time developer to help us improve upon the success of YR Designer and our other interactive products. We want to make our products even better for us and our customers and help us to grow into the company we can become. We currently employ 15 full time employees and have a large team of event delivery contractors. We also have a growing office in New York.
This is an exciting time as we are just at the start of building a capable and responsive team with resources for R&D (think digital knitting, CNC cutting/engraving, embroidery, cut-fold-stick cardboard models). Also, because the role is new, the role holder will be able to help shape not just the role itself but the team and direction that the company is going.
We’re looking for a full-time VVVV Developer who can work from our office in East London.Ideally you can
- Create beautiful and intuitive touch UXs and UIs
- Create clean patches and well structured projects
- Create clean and simple flow charts
- Create C# plugins and code shaders
- Work well in a team but equally on your own
Ideally you have
- Tonnes of experience using vvvv in all sorts of ways
- A good understanding of computer hardware and networking
- A love for design and art
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Lots of energy and love for what we do and the values that we stand for
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Blender
- Experience in using vvvv for commercial projects
Ideally you are
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing fast paced and often shifting projects
- A great communicator
- Able to work with in existing vvvv projects and add new functionality
- Document and write software and technical specs
- Able to break down tasks
- Experienced, talented and motivated
- Happy assisting / mentoring junior developers or interns.
..and you enjoy
- Good salary, bonus and other benefits
- A happy and exciting working environment
- Development opportunities and creative flexibility
- Great offices in the Heart of London - Shoreditch
- Many other benefits
Please email a CV or links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course if you have questions about the role then please email me directly email@example.com
Salary is negotiable depending on previous experience.
HR & Operations Intern, London
YR is seeking a people focused and self-motivated individual to join us in the role of HR & Operations Intern, based at our office in Shoreditch, London. Knowledge support and development will be an integral part of the internship, and with the ability and desire to learn quickly this role offers an amazing ‘fast track’ opportunity to gain experience in activities including human resource, recruitment and office management. Applicants wanting to work full time or part time will be considered.
Key internship responsibilities will include:
- With support from experienced HR consultants, lead on operational HR administration activity in areas including onboarding, probation, employee records, absence and leavers, HR MI.
- Work with colleagues to identify recruitment needs and draft job specifications and adverts.
- Maintain YR’s careers page and confidently use social media and online recruitment tools (Linkedin, Twitter) to promote roles and seek suitable candidates.
- Post adverts on line and manage applicant correspondence.
- Act as the ‘Face of YR’ in recruitment events and professionally promote YR’s employer brand.
- Lead and coordinate interviews and recruitment assessment events.
- Lead job offer, on-boarding and induction stages for successful new hires.
- Ensure the YR office is an inspiring, professional & welcoming environment for our team, clients and guests.
- Manage all office facilities i.e. equipment, cleaning, stationary, to ensure a well-equipped work space.
- With support from senior colleagues, manage current and future work space & facilities requirements including lease contracts, insurance.
- Lead on team communication including maintaining our YR intranet and coordinating team & corporate events.
- Make company travel arrangements.
- Maintain health & safety equipment & records.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a person that naturally takes on responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done, and can drive a professional, passionate and focused team culture. This internship requires strong personal attributes in areas such as communication, organisation, initiative and self-motivation. The ideal candidate will not be expected to come with in-depth experience and knowledge but must come with a great attitude.
Ideally you have:
- A completed or part completed Bachelor's degree in the fields of HR or Business Management or equivalent HR or Office Management experience.
- Extremely strong MS Office and / or Google docs experience.
- Confidence in using social media i.e. Twitter, Linkedin.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Good judgement and tact with the ability to identify when to maintain confidentiality of HR and financial records or discussions.
- Experience of working within the events industry (desirable)
Ideally you are:
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to take forward tasks and responsibilities without daily supervision.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service to colleagues and clients
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask.
What’s in it for you?
- A 12-month fast track development opportunity.
- Salary of between £11,500 - £15,000
- A happy and exciting working environment.
- Great offices in the heart of London - Shoreditch.
If you have the skills and passion to fulfil this internship we’d love to hear from you. To email your CV or ask any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2017