We are always on the look out for innovative, tech savvy career driven people. If you love customisation and live printing then you will fit in well. We have offices in London and New York.
HR & Operations Intern, London
YR is seeking a people focused and self-motivated individual to join us in the role of HR & Operations Intern, based at our office in Shoreditch, London. Knowledge support and development will be an integral part of the internship, and with the ability and desire to learn quickly this role offers an amazing ‘fast track’ opportunity to gain experience in activities including human resource, recruitment and office management. Applicants wanting to work full time or part time will be considered.
Key internship responsibilities will include:
- With support from experienced HR consultants, lead on operational HR administration activity in areas including onboarding, probation, employee records, absence and leavers, HR MI.
- Work with colleagues to identify recruitment needs and draft job specifications and adverts.
- Maintain YR’s careers page and confidently use social media and online recruitment tools (Linkedin, Twitter) to promote roles and seek suitable candidates.
- Post adverts on line and manage applicant correspondence.
- Act as the ‘Face of YR’ in recruitment events and professionally promote YR’s employer brand.
- Lead and coordinate interviews and recruitment assessment events.
- Lead job offer, on-boarding and induction stages for successful new hires.
- Ensure the YR office is an inspiring, professional & welcoming environment for our team, clients and guests.
- Manage all office facilities i.e. equipment, cleaning, stationary, to ensure a well-equipped work space.
- With support from senior colleagues, manage current and future work space & facilities requirements including lease contracts, insurance.
- Lead on team communication including maintaining our YR intranet and coordinating team & corporate events.
- Make company travel arrangements.
- Maintain health & safety equipment & records.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a person that naturally takes on responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done, and can drive a professional, passionate and focused team culture. This internship requires strong personal attributes in areas such as communication, organisation, initiative and self-motivation. The ideal candidate will not be expected to come with in-depth experience and knowledge but must come with a great attitude.
Ideally you have:
- A completed or part completed Bachelor's degree in the fields of HR or Business Management or equivalent HR or Office Management experience.
- Extremely strong MS Office and / or Google docs experience.
- Confidence in using social media i.e. Twitter, Linkedin.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Good judgement and tact with the ability to identify when to maintain confidentiality of HR and financial records or discussions.
- Experience of working within the events industry (desirable)
Ideally you are:
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to take forward tasks and responsibilities without daily supervision.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service to colleagues and clients
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask.
What’s in it for you?
- A 12-month fast track development opportunity.
- Salary of between £11,500 - £15,000
- A happy and exciting working environment.
- Great offices in the heart of London - Shoreditch.
If you have the skills and passion to fulfil this internship we’d love to hear from you. To email your CV or ask any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2017